Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A Day Older than Yesterday, 7 Years after Childhood

So I quietly left my teens today, not much of a choice when mostly everyone I know is studying for repeats. Still, I suppose it was the best way to have spent this Birthday, gave me time to contemplate. I treated myself to a nice Peking lunch, slept through the afternoon, finished some more of that blasted placement diary and then ended it with an absolute mad session of PES with Nikki and Jannu with three controllers, so we would play two against one.. and the team with two players would typically have no coordination and be hilariously all over the place.

Do I feel any different? No, not really. I'm just a day older than I was yesterday and that's obviously not a life changing duration, even if it is a symbolically important day. But I did leave my teens behind, and although that's more symbolic than anything, it got me thinking of seven years ago when I stopped being a child and became a teenager. Life has certainly changed since then, I don't have to wear a uniform anymore, I see things less in black and white than I did, I have to shave regularly, and a million of other things. I am, what is called, becoming mature. Those days in Rajasthan, Delhi, and even Kolkata are gone.

What I think about is whether my growing up has amounted to this?

Have I left that child behind? I hope not. I hope that no matter how ripe an age I grow up to be, there is always some of the child and of the teen in me, I really, really do. For the record, I comfortably believe that I still have the kid who went to seven schools in me and gives me good counsel when I need him. A toast then to the continuing of this relationship. Here's to me and me.

P.S. thanks for the wishes everyone :)

9 comments:

  1. *sniff*
    That's such a sad strip!!!

    *wails*

    ReplyDelete
  2. there's a lot of fan made C&H strips like that. Here's another. It's worse.
    http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/200/1235675740100.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, Peking and 'nice' cannot be used together in a single sentence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shut up, Delhi boy. Leave us Nags residents alone. :D
    btw Peking's turning Indian. They have shady versions of biryani and kababs now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sniff*

    Why are you doing this to me???

    P.S. You serious about shady kebabs? Must try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should show her the ones where Calvin's a teen and starts doing "teen stuff".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huhn?

    *looks suspiciously at Epic_Lad and Agent Zero *

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Epic_Lad
    You mean like Joey's fabled T-shirt. Too explicit. :P

    Anyway, here's one with a happier future.
    http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7007/1235286959808.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha ha, Delhi food is gooood! That's all

    ReplyDelete