Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 2 - A comic you recommend to everybody no matter what (31 Days of Comics)

Something which I can recommend to kids and adults alike, and which I am fairly confident they will like? I have just the thing - Young Justice

What is not to like? It's a superhero comic which is funny as hell, with believable and relatable characterisations. And there is Impulse, I dare you to find a human being who is not fond of Impulse. It has that perfect collaboration of writer and artist in Peter David and Todd Nauck which hit all the right beats. And like all good comedies, there is an incredible amount of heart and just the right undercurrent of darkness behind it all. I can probably put this in several categories in this challenge but well, you can see for yourself. Here's a few pages from issue #31, the classic wordless issue which spotlighted all that is awesome about Impulse, which I will humbly put forth as one of the greatest single issues of all time.






No comments:

Post a Comment