Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking Stock

Having nothing better to do on a Saturday before the football watching started, I decided to look into my Dad's liquor display cabinet to see what his stock of fire-water consists of; since, well, I'll probably be inheriting it now that he doesn't drink anything other than wine anymore. This does not include whatever he has stashed away in various trunks so it's by no means comprehensive.

1 bottle of McDowell's Celebration rum
3 bottles of Golden Eagle lager beer
half a bottle of Blender's Pride whiskey
nearly empty bottle of Seagram's 100 Pipers
2 bottle of Solan No 1 whiskey (shit, he used to drink this years ago. How does he still have them?)
1 bottle of Blue Riband gin
1 bottle of Silver Anchor gin
1 bottle of Genesis whiskey
half a bottle of Golconda brandy

Now for the really good stuff
1 bottle of Marquis de Pompadour champagne (we have champagne in the house??! Damn)
1 bottle of Old Smuggler's scotch
1 bottle of Chivas Regal
1 bottle of Johnnie Walker's Red Label
1 bottle of Johnnie Walker's Black Label
1 bottle of Justerini and Brook's (J&B) whiskey - Rare blend

hmm, not bad at all.

I have to check my (maternal) grandfather's fabled loft one day. It supposedly has stuff my generation hasn't been heard about and most people would give up an eye and a hand for them. What's common between my Dad and Grandad, you ask? They were both in the Army.

4 comments:

  1. be good and bring it down here...it's inheritance after all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. this stock is huge...
    wait till my friends from college here about this...
    there will be a burglary in your home soon :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ beernfries
    Dream on. I'm not getting it anytime soon. These army officers hang on to their booze, specially the good stuff. I've seen some of these bottles since I was born here.

    @Smart Primate
    Burgling an army officer's house in a defence complex? Not the smartest thing to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, Dad's liqour cabinet! Nice blog btw.

    ReplyDelete